Stercus accidit
---
Quando omni flunkus moritatus

Mr Jim

Intressant artikel

Angående sensorer

"JSF (F35) JOINT STRIKE FIGHTER, INTERNATIONAL

TARGETING

Lockheed Martin Missile & Fire Control and Northrop Grumman Electronic Sensors and Systems are jointly responsible for the JSF electro-optical system. A Lockheed Martin electro-optical targeting system (EOTS) will provide long-range detection and precision targeting, along with the Northrop Grumman DAS (Distributed Aperture System) thermal imaging system. EOTS will be based on the Sniper XL pod developed for the F-16, which incorporates a mid-wave third generation FLIR, dual mode laser, CCD TV, laser tracker and laser marker. DAS consists of multiple infrared cameras providing 360 degree coverage using advanced signal conditioning algorithms. As well as situational awareness, DAS provides navigation, missile warning and infrared search and track (IRST). EOTS is embedded under the aircraftââ,¬â,,¢s nose, and DAS sensors are fitted at multiple locations on the aircraft.

RADAR

Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems is developing the advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) multi-function radar. The AESA will combine an integrated radio frequency subsystem with a multifunction array. The radar system will also incorporate the agile beam steering capabilities developed for the APG-77."

Den där DAS verkar mäktigt, som värsta sci-fi, vetefan hur dom ska lyckas få in det så att piloten inte får informationsöverbelastning men det är helt klart mäktigt.
\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

För att kontakta mig, maila på jimmy.larssonSNABELAgmail.com
To contact me directly mail me at jimmy.larssonATgmail.com

TrakDah

Öhm... Från ft:s artikel:
QuoteThey feature, in a limited but real way, some of the characteristics of the Air Force's--and the world's--only fifth-generation fighter, the F-22 Raptor.

Kommentarer?

/TD som anser att Rafale, Gripen och Typhoon alla är 5:e gen.

ft

Nej, Gripen m fl är 4:e generationen. Vad F22 kan som skulle göra den till femte generationen, ptja... därom tvista de lärde. Men medan vi svenskar gärna håller tyst om saker som är i görningen, som kommer, som finns men kanske inte är helt utprovade och så vidare... så tycks jänkarna ha som policy att berätta vitt och brett om sådana skrivbordsprodukter som om de var färdiga och höja dem till skyarna.

Lyckligtvis tror jag det är rätt uppenbart och välbekant för alla med lite branschinsikt.

Mvh,
 /ft

Stercus accidit
---

Mr Jim

Mer samarbete inom EU när det gäller militära produkter säger jag.
\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

För att kontakta mig, maila på jimmy.larssonSNABELAgmail.com
To contact me directly mail me at jimmy.larssonATgmail.com

Horizon

Check out the new ASRAAM. IR-missilen som "känner igen" om det verkligen är ett flygplan den jagar, eller bara en fackla... :D

Vill dra mig till minnes att det är ett europeiskt samarbetesprojekt. Precis som Jim säger: Mer sånt!
We're standing here by the abyss, and the world is in flames
Two star-crossed lovers reaching out, to the beast with many names

ft

Stercus accidit
---

TrakDah

Vad då "gissa"? Det står på bildtexten:
BGT/SAAB/Alenia-Marconi IRIS-T

/Sherlock