No significant change

Main Menu

Mig-29K mod på väg

Started by F16_Filur, August 11, 2004, 15:50:11

Previous topic - Next topic

F16_Filur

QuoteHi all,

First about the mod,

It is all but finished(has been for quite some time). I have made 24 pre-set loadouts which can be selected directly depending on "task" in the Editor. I also made a simple Windows installer for the mod - a self executing application which will install the mod with a single click of a button.

The only remaining bit has to do with Colourschemes. "Ghostdog" from BioHazCentral has kindly offered - and is currently working on a template for enhanced and enlarged MIG-29K skins.

Furthermore, I am working on a couple of missions, which will be included in the package and installed in a seperate "MIG-29K" mission folder. The missions are Flanker 2.5 ones(made by "Airtito" and I), which I have remade in Lock-on(I had to alter them slightly due to the limitations of the flyable MIG-29K in the mod though).

About the ships,

As djh001 mentioned, all the ships that werent carried over from Flanker are listed in the both the LockOn.exe and in the Meinit, and only need to be assigned to a nation to be "activated". However, the 3D shape files of the ships, and in some cases weapons, need to be copied from the Flanker "Shapes"-folder to the Lock-on ditto. All required textures for them are already present in Lock-onÃ,´s CDDS containers, so no problem there.

Cheers,
JJ -

QuoteYes the MIG-29K has 9 hardpoints total(4 under each wing + the centerline).

Sadly you wont be able to use TV guided missiles/bombs nor radar guided anti-ship missiles. The problem is that the EOS TV- and ground radar "routines" arent complete in Lock-on(you get some weird textures loaded on to the MFD when swithcing to TV or ground radar).

But you will be able to use both laser guided missiles(Kh-29L and Kh-25ML) as well as anti-radar missiles(Kh-31P and Kh-25MP)

One of the alterations I made to the missions I mentioned above, was exactly due to the non-availability of the TV guided Kh-29TE(just used Kh-29Ls insted). Due to these limitations, I have concentrated mainly on laser guided weapons in the pre-set loadouts I made.

My prefered loadout consists of:

2x R-73
2x R-77
2x Kh-29L
2x Kh-31P
1x 1500L fuel

With this you can take on a long range strike mission, clear target area of airdefences with the Kh-31Ps, enemy fighter activity with the R-77s/R-73s and then proceed to destroy the mission objectives with the Kh-29Ls.....a real "multirole" loadout

Cheers,
JJ -

Från denna tråd:

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=38610606&m=410109125&p=1

KeyCat

Kanon! MiG-29:an är min absoluta favorit i LOMAC och K-modellen med dess förbättrade A-G vapen är mycket välkommet... Hoppas bara den funkar i MP?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
>> It's all about teamwork! <<

F16_Filur

Jag minns inte att jag läst något om MP (har troligen missat det). Ska skicka en fråga. Under tiden är här lite mer info. Tyvärr kommer man inte att kunna landa på hangarfartyg eller tanka bränsle i luften.

edit: sålänge båda eller alla spelare har denna mod installerad funkar den i MP

QuoteA couple of things to note:

The MIG-29K in my mod is really intended as an extra AI addition. There are several rather severe limitations in connection with the player controlled MIG-29K:

1) You can take off from the Kuz, but you cannot land on it, because the control for the hook isnt implemented in the Lock-on MIG-29K FM(for some weird reason).

2) you cannot refuel in air, because the control for the IFR probe isnt implemented.

3) you cannot deploy TV guided A2G misiles/bombs nor radar guided anti-ship missiles, because the code for EOS TV and A2G radar mode isnt implemented.

None of the above mentioned limitations affect the AI controlled MIG-29K, for which all these functions work perfectly.

The MIG-29K does not overwrite or affect any existing entries in any way - it is an extra entity. This is possible because the necessary code support is present in the LockOn.exe....so you can fly both the MIG-29K and the Su-33(and any other Lock-on aircraft) in the same mission.

Cheers,
JJ -