News:

No significant change

Main Menu

R77 och AIM120

Started by F16_Filur, January 28, 2004, 13:49:21

Previous topic - Next topic

F16_Filur

Ja, jag tycker i alla fall ekot ligger kvar för länge för att man ska kunna urskilja något. Sen är det möjligt att du har rätt om de andra sakerna, men jag fattar inte varför inte ED eller ubi förmedlar någon information om hur det egentligen är modellerat, så vi slipper spekulara. Tack för informationen om dopplernotch förresten!

Jag kommer helt klart att följa utvecklingen av Lockon med spänning. Men antagligen även med Flanker 2.x på hårddisken som intressant jämförelse. Här nere följer i alla fall lite detaljerad radarinfo som hittades på den här tråden.

-------------------------

Su27

the radar(NIIP-N001K) of the SU-33 is basically the same as the N001 of the SU-27, and doesnt have the ability to track and engage more than a single target at a time.

The way the radar was implemented in Flanker 2.5 had nothing(or very little anyway) to do with how the real N001 radar works

the N001 radar of the SU-27/SU-33 is all but identical to the N019 radar of the MIG-29(9-12)

The only real difference between the N001 and N019 is that the N001 has an antenna of 1000mm dia., while the one on the N019 is only some 700mm in dia. So the radar functionality of the MIG-29(9-12), SU-27(T-10S) and SU-33(T-10K) should indeed be very similar, where the only actual difference is the increased range of the N001 due to the larger antenna fit.

Both radars are of the same twist cassegrain antenna design and have the same emitter output(1Kw average - 5 Kw peak), they have the same Ts100 main processor and the same available air-to-air radar modes:

Search modes:

- "Encounter" - basically a "Range-while-scan"(RWS) mode, from which contacts are detected at maximum radar range in head-on aspect.

- "Pursuit" - same as above, but as the name says, optimised for searching out receeding targets.

- "Automatic" - again, as the name says, an auto search function, in which the radar automatically deploys one of the two above modes and switches between them when appropriate.

- "SNP" - this is the equivalent to a "Track-While-Scan"(TWS) mode. It functions as a sub mode to the above three search modes, from which up to 10 detected contacts are transferred. Once in SNP mode, the radar performs a "low-level" tracking of them to determine which is the first to enter missile launch range - it then starts calculating launch parameters for the prioritized target - once completed, the radar enters "atack" mode, which is a "Single-Target-track"(STT) mode where only the locked target is displayed.

This happens because the radar antenna is turned directly towards the target and is locked to it - this is necessary because SARH missiles like the R-27R requires continious "illumination" of the target for the missile seeker to have a radar return signal of sufficient intensity to home on, which cannot be provided in TWS(SNP) mode, where the radar, as the name indicates, continiues to scan(moves the antenna from side to side within selected scan area) while tracking.

---------------------------

Mig29

The MIG-29S(9-13S) can simultaneously track and engage two targets with R-77s. It can only engage a single target at a time with R-27REÃ,´s as these have semi-active radar seekers requiring the "parent" radar to enter STT mode(single target track) for continious target "illmination".

The MIG-29S in Lock-on is indeed advertised as the 9-13S, which is the one with the upgraded N019M radar and support for R-77s....i.e. the dual engagement capability you talk about.

......it just wasnt modelled in Lock-on

Actually(and rather confusingly) there are more MIG-29S versions - e.g. there is the 9-13, which is the same as the 9-13S, but without the upgraded N019M radar(only "baseline" N019)...hence no R-77 support.

So the MIG-29S in Lock-on is sort of a 9-13 capable of carrying R-77 but only of deploying them as if they were SARH missiles....

The N010 "Zhuk" is the radar of the MIG-29M/MIG-29K and is a much more advanced set than any of the upgraded N019 versions deployed by the MIG-29S(N019M) or MIG-29SM/MIG-29SMT(N019MP).

-----------------

Mer om orsaken till likheterna mellan Su27 och Mig29 radar:

There is a reason for this similarity. The SU-27 was originally intended to have a phased array radar to be developed by NIIP, but at the time it turned out to be impossible to develop such a radar in a way so that it would be light and compact enough to fit into the SU-27 radome. So as a(last minute) solution, NIIP instead recieved all the tech documentation on the N019 developed for the MIG-29 from Phazatron-NIIR, with which they basically developed an enlarged copy of the N019. Funny enough the N019 was itself an enlarged and improved version of the N003 radar of the MIG-23 - amoung the changes incorporated into the N019 was the Ts100 digital main processor and a larger antenna.

S_Z

Tjena,

Tänkte höra om du (TD) vet något mer om den här med ekot som ligger kvar för länge på HUD:en? Som det är nu så är ligger ju "blipparna" konstant på HUD:en så scanbar:en på högra sidan är ju som Filur säger bara kosmetisk. Är det en bugg eller har de helt enkelt tagit bort den funktionen?

F16_Filur

QuoteThere simply IS no sweep anymore - the scan mode has been removed and replace with a combination of the scan mode and track while scan modes.

Thread

S_Z

QuoteOriginally posted by F16_Filur

QuoteThere simply IS no sweep anymore - the scan mode has been removed and replace with a combination of the scan mode and track while scan modes.

Thread
mm, läste det.

Måste säga att jag är ganska besviken på lo-mac. Visst, det är roligt som flygspel (härlig fartkänsla när man flyger lågt t ex) men som stridsflygsimulator är det sämre tycker jag. Verkar inte som några av planen (F-15,Su-27/33 eller Mig 29:an) är speciellt trogna verkligheten vad gäller radarmodellen även om F-15Ã,´s verkar bättre än de ryska planen. Hade hoppats på lite mer efter så lång utvecklingstidââ,¬Â¦
Ser fram mot Falcon 4 Gold, nog mer min smak.

F16_Filur

Det verkar inte finnas så stort intresse för detta just nu, men om jag fattat det rätt så var TWS förut fel på så sätt att radarn inte scannade, man kunde inte upptäcka nya kontakter förutom dem man hade på MFDÃ,´n. Nu har vi ett kombinerat Scan/TWS mode där radarn visserligen scannar, men där "höjdindikatorn" till höger inte verkar funka längre. Dessutom vet jag inte längre om den finns på riktigt, läste i nån tråd att i verkligheten kunde de inte med N001/N019 avgöra kontaktens höjd i relation till en själv. Tror det var "Octav som skrev det. Men det lilla jag vet om radar är ju att de måste scanna i vissa mönster uppifrån och ner för att sedan börja om, så en sådan höjdindikator är ju helt logisk rent teoretiskt i alla fall. Nån som har några bilder av en påslagen rysk HUD?

Helt uppenbart är ju att de prioriterat simuleringen av komplexitet vad gäller F15 och A10, (kan inte uttala mig om Su-25) men lämnat de övriga ryska därhän till ett minimum. Självklart hade de inte kunnat göra så om de släppt Lock-On med enbart de ryska kärrorna. Hade de fått upp nivån vad gäller BVR på de ryska planen till F15Ã,´s vore det helt ok tycker jag. Det i kombination med doppler notch och realistiskt missiluppförande hade ju spöat vad vi hade i Flanker 2.x rejält. Det var ju ändå den moderna jetsimulatorn som ansågs näst bäst efter F4, och av många även bättre i A-A.

F16_Filur

En liten uppdatering i den här frågan.

Helt klart är nu att en "wake up point" är modellerat i LO där R27AE blir aktiv runt 20km från målet, R77 runt 15km. Fram till dess flyger missilen en spikrak kurs.

Frågan är bara om denna punkts longitud/latitud påverkas av om radarn guidar missilen till wake up respektive radarn stängs ner direkt efter avfyrning?

Meningen med att guida missilen fram dit (då den styrs som en semiaktiv) är ju att öka chansen för träff och ge den bästa läge för sista aktiva sträckan.

Om punkten för uppvaknande är exakt densamma oavsett om jag guidar missilen eller inte.. tja då är det lite för enkelt och man går miste om en viktig taktisk finess.