Author Topic: Patchproblem?  (Read 2752 times)

Weas

• ICQ Messenger - 8916684
    • MSN Messenger - petterast@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Nordic Simulator Group
    • Email
Patchproblem?
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:15:26 »
Originally posted by bALoO

Om ngn får problem vid installation av patchen så prova följande process för att komma runt problemet: lösningen =)

Lösningne:

#1  Jul 06, 05 - 8:35 PM          

Edited by MerlinGFX on Jul 7 2005 5:58AM (4 times)

Ok, ok, this is official only because I say so :P

*** EDIT: I thought it was clear in the subject, but to clarify, this is a work-around that may work for those getting an error that says 'Patch Failed!' just before it finishes patching. ***

I had a hell of a time installing this damn poor excuses of a patch (I mean honestly, who distributes a patch that needs a damned patch to work?)

Because the info I found was kind of vague, here's hopefully a more detailed describe of how to get this patch working...

ALL credit goes to 'Ragnar 11651173" for originaly posting this work-around.

1. Download patch

2. Open Patch, select your language and click next, then DO NOT go any further!

3. Go to your documents & settings folder, usually located at 'C:\Documents & Settings\Your_PC_Login_Here'
(If you can't see the documents & settings folder, it is invisible, go to the 'Tools' menu, click "Folder Options..." and under the 'View' tab, make sure the switch for 'Show hidden folders and files' is active. Click 'Apply', then 'Ok'.)

4. -OPTIONAL- The best way to see what your doing, is to right click in the window (in emtpy white space, not on a file)put the mouse over the "View" submenu, and switch the to 'Details'.
In the top of the file area, you'll notice the column titles (Name, Modified Date, Size, Etc.). Click 'Modified Date', and head to the newest created folder...

5. You should see a folder with a name that starts similar to '{AG349...'.

6. Open folder, you should see a patch folder and a .ini file, or another weird folder starting with that'(87SD...' crap, just open that one up too and you should see that patch stuff.

7. Open the patch folder, inside should be 'patch.exe' and other files. Copy ALL these files to a new folder, I used 'C:\patch'

8. Close/Cancel the patch installer.

9. Go to 'Start', select 'Run...', type 'cmd', press enter.

10. You should be at the command prompt, type 'CD\' and press enter to make sure you are at the root directory (should display something like 'C:\' now).

11. Type 'cd patch', press enter (should now say something like 'C:\patch\')

12. Type the following line (replacing the directory to your actual BF2 installation directory) with quoatation marks as shown:
patch "E:\Path_To\Your_BF2_Folder\"

13. Press enter, watch the show.

When done, try BF2, I got some errors the first time (mostly missing language files), and the game crashed when trying to refresh the serverlist. I then went back the command prompt, and repeated steps 12 & 13. I got many more errors, mostly 'file already updated', but when it finished and I tried BF2, it was working beautifully! (My problem may have been I was low on HD space, as I threw some large files away before I went back to the command prompt to redo steps 12 & 13.)

Hope this helps somewhere as frustrated as I was out there...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:17:13 by Weas »
Nordic Simulator Group
www.nosig.se

Weas

• View Profile
    • Nordic Simulator Group
    • Email
Replying to Topic 'Patchproblem?'
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 12:25:17 »
proper path is C:\Documents And Settings\[User Name]\Local Settings\Temp\{FUNKYNUMBER}\{FUNKYNUMBER}.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:35:28 by Weas »
Nordic Simulator Group
www.nosig.se

Weas

• View Profile
    • Nordic Simulator Group
    • Email
Replying to Topic 'Patchproblem?'
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:47:13 »
Oki, här är vad som fungerar för mig verkar det som.

Hitta installationsfilerna enligt ovan, kopiera dem i windows (skit i cmd grejjen) till installationsmappen för BF2. Kör sedan patch.exe o luta dig tillbaka en stund...
Nordic Simulator Group
www.nosig.se