Author Topic: Info om 1.03  (Read 2843 times)

Jotte

• View Profile
    • Email
Info om 1.03
« on: July 25, 2005, 00:41:50 »
Här

A Message from EA/DICE about Battlefield 2

Hi everyone. Thanks to all of you, Battlefield 2 has seen great success around the world.

Since its launch, we've tried to give Battlefield 2 all the support it deserves by releasing patches with the fixes and improvements you've asked for. Unfortunately, we haven't lived up to the standards we've set for ourselves. So all of us at EA and DICE are working extra hard to make sure that your Battlefield 2 experience improves dramatically in the coming weeks.

Towards the end of August, we will be releasing a new patch called 1.03. This patch is currently underway and will undergo thorough testing to avoid the problems that have occurred in the past. To make sure you're up to date until then; make sure you have installed the latest upcoming 1.02 update, which you can download here.

Here are just a few of the fixes you can expect to see in the 1.03 patch:

* Server and Client performance improvements.
    * Improved Server Browser – added Favorites and History Lists.
    * Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer point farming exploits.
    * Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to join.
    * Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle, zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.
    * Teamkilling changes – the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.
    * Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.
    * Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.

There are over 140 fixes and improvements in the 1.03 patch and we're looking forward to everyone moving to 1.03 to get the best Battlefield 2 experience on a level, cheat-free playing field.

We also know that there is still an issue with availability of slots on Ranked Servers. We're all delighted that this new feature has been so popular, but we know that many of you are finding it hard to get onto a ranked server, especially at peak times. We are taking big steps and investing heavily to ensure that everyone can experience this side of Battlefield 2. New official servers have gone up in Europe and the U.S. this week and you will see many more going up in the coming weeks. Our vision is to make sure you never have to wait to get onto a ranked server.

Thanks for being such great fans of Battlefield 2. We've been listening to you and we're determined to make Battlefield 2 the best online shooter experience out there. We hope you like the changes that are coming.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 00:52:21 by Jotte »

Phlerp

• ICQ Messenger - 2462430
    • View Profile
    • SUL37
    • Email
Replying to Topic 'Info om 1.03'
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 14:34:56 »
Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked

Antar att det inte blir mer flyga-helikopter-skjuta-som-fan-laga-och-hela-och-få-satans-massa-poäng då?

Jotte

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 17:08:27 »
Ja det vore ju roligt om de blev farliga men sårbara och inte de Terminatomaskinerna som de är för tillfället, särskilt Blackhawken.

Phlerp

• ICQ Messenger - 2462430
    • View Profile
    • SUL37
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 17:53:27 »
Problemet är lite att helikoptrar kan vara rena dödsfällan om man inte klarar av att hantera dem, alternativt att motståndarna vet vad de gör. Men annars är de "terminatormaskiner". Jag undrar hur de tänker göra dem mer sårbara utan att göra dem helt omöjliga att använda mot bra motståndare. Men de indikerar ju bara att de tänker ändra på transporthelikoptrarna vilket låter vettigt.

Horizon

• Global Moderator
  • Communist Plan Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 13:43:00 »
Kastar mig in i debatten angående helos. Har länge funderat på hur det är i verkligheten. Känns som att en helikopter är mycket lovligt byte om den inte överraskar och öser på med en jäkla massa raketer och kulor. Tänker bara på Vietnam... en AK-47 mot en Huey måste väl ha gjort en jäkla skada... eller?
We're standing here by the abyss, and the world is in flames
Two star-crossed lovers reaching out, to the beast with many names

BEQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 14:10:01 »
Helt riktigt. Dock är flygetyg svårare att träffa än man kan tro eftersom det är svårt att bedöma avstånd och framförhållning. En enkel beskrivning finns ju i gamla soldf där man räknar framförhållning i kornskydd och liknande. NVA och VC utarbetade också sådan instruktioner såg jag på en dokumentär häromåret.

En äldre normal helikopter - Huey BO-105 etc, har ett väldigt tunt skrov. Trycker man på det sviktar det duktigt, nästan i stil med en ölburk.

Det är inget tvivel om saken att även finkalibrig eld gör stor skada och akan-eld som det ofta blir i BF2 skulle vara förödande. Bofors hade en fin demofilm där man provade sin 40 mm 3P-granat (programmeringsbar för anslags-, zon- eller tidsbrisad) mot en utrangerad Huey på ställning. Slarvsylta efter tre zonbrisader...

En bra helikopterbok är "Low Level Hell" som jag tidigare tipsat om i boktråden.

Andreas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 15:49:22 »
Originally posted by BEQ
En bra helikopterbok är "Low Level Hell" som jag tidigare tipsat om i boktråden.

Kan bara hålla med om det sista!

En väldigt trevligt författare också för den delen.
MSI Z77A, Intel i5 3570K, MSI GTX 660 ti 2GB, 16 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz, OCZ SSD 120 GB, Seagate 1 TB
TM Cougar w/ Cubpilot\'s Hallsensor mod för joystick och throttle, IJ\'s Über II NXT mod, SIMPED-F16/C, TIR 3 PRO

Horizon

• Global Moderator
  • Communist Plan Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 18:48:27 »
Om det är denna som menas så beställer jag snarast.

Låter som intressant läsning. Tack för övrig info!
We're standing here by the abyss, and the world is in flames
Two star-crossed lovers reaching out, to the beast with many names