Rapport om M1A1 i Irak

Started by Lupson, June 01, 2003, 12:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Salsam

Ungefär samma skillnad som "Bekämpa" och "Nerkämpa" en vagn ;)

Och nej, VC i M1an kan inte direkt vända vagnen själv, det måste han beordra föraren att göra.

Har läst en del intressanta utv. av M1an under bägge Gulf krigen, där det framgår både mycket positivt men också massa skit.
Har aldrig gillat att ha massa saker hängande utanpå vagnarna. Tycker denna utv. visar ganska bra nackdelarna med att ha det så.

Läste även om en "oberoende" test av moderna strv där den Svenska 122an utsågs till, idag, världens bästa strv sammantaget. 122 rockar fett! :D

Phlerp

QuoteOriginally posted by Salsam
Läste även om en "oberoende" test av moderna strv där den Svenska 122an utsågs till, idag, världens bästa strv sammantaget. 122 rockar fett! :D
Enligt Bigvette kommer ju Leoparden bara på fjärdeplats :-OO

Jotte

Vilka lyckas han placera före?
1. M1 Abrams
2. M60A3
3. M4A1 Sherman
?
:D :p :D

dejawolf

i remember a few years ago they were putting the leopard 2a6EX up on top of the tank rankings, basically an STRV-122 with an L55 gun. sweden didn't choose the L55 because of the disadvantages such a long gun would have in forested areas.
in a newer test, however, the nutheads chose to rank the M1A2, challenger, and some other tank (think it was japanese type 90) before the leo2a6EX.
reason? M1A1(HA) (not M1A2) had been in combat in iraq, as well as the challenger 2.
iraq's tank fights was basically a turkey shoot. ANY modern tank is able to perform the mission with a similar sucess rate to the M1A1(HA) even the russian T-90,

well BS rankings ticks me off.

Shar

QuoteOriginally posted by Jotte

Vilka lyckas han placera före?
1. M1 Abrams
2. M60A3
3. M4A1 Sherman
?

Nej nej nej, så här ska det se ut:

1. M48 Patton
2. M24 Chaffee
3. M41 Walker
4. M8 Grayhound

Samtliga av dessa vagnar piskar ALLT europeiskt. Speciellt då Strv122 som är sämst, för den har så konstigt kamoflage. Sen så låter namnet konstigt. And don't get me started on those french rökkastarbatterier!!!

Förövrigt undrar jag om Leo2A6 har samma extra takpansar som 122:an? Vet ej skillnaden mellan Leo2A6 samt EX versionen, men afaik har Leo2A6 inget extra takpansar ala 122. Eller har jag fel?
K-k-k-kötta bandlåda! || Amfibieregemente 1 Vaxholm RIP.

dejawolf

the leopard 2a6 is a leopard 2a5 with a longer gun. that's it.
the 2a6EX is the STRV 122 with a longer gun and some internal differences.

and the danes has an EX hybrid, with most of the armour features of the 122 except the roof armour. i don't know if the EX has TCCS though. i think the swedes has that.

Horizon

QuoteOriginally posted by dejawolf

i remember a few years ago they were putting the leopard 2a6EX up on top of the tank rankings, basically an STRV-122 with an L55 gun. sweden didn't choose the L55 because of the disadvantages such a long gun would have in forested areas.
in a newer test, however, the nutheads chose to rank the M1A2, challenger, and some other tank (think it was japanese type 90) before the leo2a6EX.
reason? M1A1(HA) (not M1A2) had been in combat in iraq, as well as the challenger 2.
iraq's tank fights was basically a turkey shoot. ANY modern tank is able to perform the mission with a similar sucess rate to the M1A1(HA) even the russian T-90,

well BS rankings ticks me off.

Agree. Totally. Sounds like something bigvette would blurt out in one of his personal flame wars... :-OO
We're standing here by the abyss, and the world is in flames
Two star-crossed lovers reaching out, to the beast with many names

granQ

QuoteOriginally posted by dejawolf

the leopard 2a6 is a leopard 2a5 with a longer gun. that's it.
the 2a6EX is the STRV 122 with a longer gun and some internal differences.

and the danes has an EX hybrid, with most of the armour features of the 122 except the roof armour. i don't know if the EX has TCCS though. i think the swedes has that.

now we take that ones more..

Leo 2a6 is a leo 2a5 but with longer gun,
leo 2a6EX is the Strv122 but with a longer gun..

Now shouldn't take make the strv122 gun very long?
And i always thought it was short (atleast shorter then the strv121, but maybe most of it is internal in the tower?)

http://www.granq.se Mitt egna krypin.
http://www.anrop.se Mer soldater, mindre flyg :)