News:

No significant change

Main Menu

Kampanj påbörjan

Started by Assassin, February 24, 2003, 22:49:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

håller på att starta ny singleplayer kampanj, just nu Tiger Spirit på Veteran. Har ni några bra tips om vad man ska slå ut först? Ska påbörja ett interdiction uppdrag efter jag skrivit här och lastade på lite HARMs för att ta ner lite sökradar och SA-x's (:D ) men jag kanske borde koncentrera mig på att slå ut flygbaser istället?

Gärna tips om början på de andra kampanjerna vore bra... är ju helt beroende av F4 sen man varit på LAN. Har hunnit med ungefär 4-5 missions sen i söndags. :D
/Assassin

\"Förhelvete soldat, ficka öppen! Materielen trillar ut, skogen trillar in!\"
Brigadchef - Blå Brigaden - www.bluebrigade.org (när laptop\'en är igång)

SledgeHammer

Låt baserna vara ett tag och plocka ner deras flygplan istället. Har du realisticattrition påslaget så kommer de inte tillbaka men om du bombar sönder baserna så repareras de ju igen....

Här kommer lite som jag skrev ihop till den modifierade Korea 2005 kampanjen jag fortfarande pillar med. Lite samlade erfarenheter som jag testat/läst mig fram till. Just det, en sak om "Set by HQ". I Korea 2005 och i min modifiering av den så gäller det att klicka ur den då grundinställningarna inte är förändrade (jag funderar på att ordna det i min mod) men i andra kampanjer så kan det vara så att skaparna redan har ordnat med vettiga grundinställningar för de olika sidorna och då ska "Set by HQ" vara ikryssad. En luring.

Setting things up

I recommend doing some changes in the "FalconSP Config Editor"

*   Under "Settings Advanced" enable "Power Grid" and "Squadron Store resupply"

*   Under "Settings General" disable "Airbase relocation"

*   Under "Settings General/Available Aircraft Percentage" switch to "Percetage Available Aircraft (50)"

I also recommend adding the line "set g_bRealisticAttrition 1" to the file falconsp.cfg in Falcon4 install folder. For those of you running a server for online play I also recommend adding the line "set g_nNoPlayerPlay 24" to falconsp.cfg (this is to delay the penalty for no players flying in the campaign).

When starting a new campaign it is important to set things up in a good way. One of the good ways is to start with the performance sliders. When starting a new campaign the values are taken from the .cam files and may be adjusted individually for each team. Feel free to experiment with the settings but do keep one thing in mind. You want to keep those airbases and bridges intact, you want to be able to use them later on when you are on the offensive. Bridges north of Pyongyang and Sondok should be taken out to prevent reenforcements and resupply from reaching the battle area. That goes for airbases north of Pyongyang and Sondok too as soon as your ground troops start moving north. One thing of high importance is to make sure that the "Set by HQ"  button gets unchecked. Once the "Set by HQ"  button has been activated and the campaign has been started the values are read from the file intdict.pri and those values are the same for both teams. If this has happened keep the sliders for Airbases and Infrastructure low and BARCAP's and OCA's high. Remember that these settings now go for both Blue side and OpFor!!!
The next thing, and probably most important, is the PAK settings. Seoul and the PAK's along the FLOT should be maximized, all (I mean ALL) others should me minimized (that is, ALL the way down). This will prevent those suicidal missions "up north". As your troops start to move, be it north or south, you have to adjust the PAK settings. Plan ahead and keep in mind that it will take some time (1-2 hours?) before new missions are tasked into the new PAK's.

Fighting the WAR

When in the campaign you have to be the Supreme Commander as well as the Squadron Commander. Switch around the squadrons frequently and check the mission loadouts. Say you find a BARCAP with lots of 9P's and 9M's, that is a waste of a BARCAP. Change the loadouts according to the mission at hand if you feel that the current one is FUBAR. A very important concept is a high kill ratio. Trading planes with OpFor will not do it. Kill the enemy and RETURN HOME. Keeping consistent successful missions helps your fellow AI pilots doing better in the air but start loosing planes every mission and you will end up in a world of shit. The "Wall of MiG's" is not a bad thing. They come up in the air and you are there to shoot them down. Also remember that the ground troops need BARCAP's over their heads to perform well. If you are about to hijack a BARCAP try to find one over your own base or further down south, if there is no such flights try to find a couple of tightly spaced ones to the same area. When you replan the BARCAP set the "station time" to 1 min and do "Check in" and out with the AWACS when in the air. Try to make it easier for your ground troops by hammering the OpFor's battalions. It is always easier for your own forces to take on a reduced battalion over a full strenght one. Around the FLOT do CHECK YOUR TARGETS. Otherwise it is a fast and easy road to the Court Martial.

Plan ahead , check around for stupid loadouts. Air superiority -> SEAD/OCA -> Interdict/CAS.

To reposition your squadrons to best fight the war, use TacEdit. Remember that it will take 1-2 hours before the squadron is in place and ready to fight. If you want to use a captured airbase you have to make sure that possible enemy squadrons move off it first. Switch on "Airbase Relocation", start the campaign, save it and exit, then turn off "Airbase Relocation" again and move in your squadron with TacEdit. Done!
Mvh  - Stefan -

SledgeHammer

Mvh  - Stefan -

SledgeHammer

Hmm... passagen, passagen...

Så här då? http://hem.passagen.se/jott/falcon/bilder.html

Intressant flygtur som resulterade i debrief bilden. Jag, i en F-15E, hittade lite Su-27or uppe vid Wonsan. Smyger in och avrättar 3st omgående, den 4:e skadas och nitas med ytterligare en slammer. Tillfälligt andrum så jag langade iväg mina 2 AGM-130 mot Wonsan basen. Upps, fler 27or... Skjuter 2 slammers med resultatet 2 nedskjutna, 2st 27or kvar och bara en slammer, bra-att-ha status på den... Etersom jag har en centerline tank som fortfarande har soppa så blir det åka av, full EBK i lätt stigning hemåt. Eller ja, iaf rakt över en Patriot installation =)  27orna försöker haka på men tji får de.

Det var lite jobbigt att ducka allt skrot de kastade åt mitt håll :-/

Och kartbilden får väl tala för sig själv. Var är alla röda flygtyg?
Mvh  - Stefan -